With any luck, winter will soon come to an end—an event that will be welcome relief to people in many parts of the country. But this is still a great time to enjoy some hearty and delicious winter dishes. And it’s even better when you find a healthy recipe that is easy and convenient to prepare, such as those you can make in a crockpot. This slow cooker macaroni and cheese is sure to be a hit with the entire family. (Recipe courtesy of Culinary Cory.)
- 3 cups pasta, uncooked
- 3 Tbl. butter, unsalted
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until it is just under al dente.
- Drain and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pasta and stir until well combined.
- Cook on high for 2 – 3 hours stirring about every 30 minutes.
This mac and cheese is great comfort food that everyone will love. Burn off the calories from this meal and more by getting a great workout. To learn more about the fitness equipment we can offer for your Phoenix area home, contact Fitness 4 Home Superstore.
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Elliptical of the Month: Spirit XE295 - August 4, 2020
- Healthy Diet Plans – The Benefits of eating 1 Protein, 1 Carb and 1 Fat at Every Meal - August 3, 2020
- Healthy Breakfast – Sausage Egg Paleo Breakfast Sandwich - July 31, 2020