This is the season when one flavor seems to dominate the food and drink landscape. We are of course talking about pumpkin! But even if you love this particular flavor, you may be craving some variety for your pumpkin-flavored options. Or you may be seeking a way to enjoy a tasty seasonal treat without killing your fitness efforts.
This recipe for a pumpkin spice smoothie is healthy and delicious—and, even better, it’s easy to make. (Recipe courtesy of American Heart Association)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, (not pie filling)
- 1/3 cup fat-free, plain yogurt (substitute Greek yogurt for a more tangy taste)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Into a blender, add pumpkin, yogurt, milk, oats, honey, pumpkin pie spice, and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. Pour into a glass and serve.
This smoothie has 199 calories per serving and 1.5g of total fat.
To complement your healthy diet with the best fitness equipment for your Phoenix area home, contact Fitness 4 Home Superstore.