This unique twist on salsa is filled with both color and flavor, and offers a blast of Mediterranean character. It is packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin A and potassium, and also serves as a great source of fiber. Best of all, it is very simple to prepare. (Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation)
- 1 cup (8 oz.) dried figs, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium peaches or nectarines, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons mint, cilantro, or basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large bowl, combine the figs, tomatoes, peaches, onion, jalapeños, mint, garlic, and lime zest and juice.
- Stir in the vinegar, if desired, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
This salsa has 126 calories per serving and 5.3g of total fat.
To boost the exercise part of your healthy living strategy, check out the fitness equipment we offer at Fitness 4 Home Superstore for your Phoenix area home.
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Healthy Recipe – Ginger Salmon - February 3, 2023
- Product Spotlight: Spirit CRW800 Rower - February 2, 2023
- Protein: Why It’s An Important Part Of Your Fitness Plan - February 1, 2023