Nothing hits the spot on a chilly winter evening quite like a hot and filling stew, and it’s a great bonus if you can find a healthy recipe that also results in a delicious dish. This recipe for chicken and sweet potato stew will please both your taste buds and your internal fitness coach. It’s packed with protein, and a perfect choice for a cold winter night. Plus, it’s easy to make a big batch and then save some for later.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours.
- Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.
This tasty stew has 285 calories per serving and offers 17g of protein.
Burn of the calories from this meal and more by getting a great workout. To learn more about the fitness equipment we can offer for your Phoenix area home, contact Fitness 4 Home Superstore.
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Fat Burning Recipe: Eat Up to Slim Down! - March 24, 2023
- Product Spotlight: Spirt XRW600 Rower - March 23, 2023
- Air Bike Benefits – Why You Should Consider an Air Bike for your Cardio Workouts - March 21, 2023