Looking to take your workouts to the next level? Want to burn fat faster, increase endurance, and live a healthier, fitter lifestyle? If you haven’t been combining strength training with your cardio workouts, now’s the time!
Before you do so, however, it’s important to undertand the different types of exercise.
- Aerobic Exercise – In other words, cardio. Aerobic exercise is when you strengthen your heart and lungs, which improves your body’s ability to deliver & use oxygen. This is a great way to build endurance, as your muscles need oxygen to function, and the better they can utilize oxygen, the more endurance you’ll have.
- Strength Exercise – This is exercise where by putting your muscles under resistance, that resistance and muscular contraction builds strength and size for your skeletal muscles. This increase in muscle speeds up your metabolism, while adding strength and endurance as well.
It’s important to combine the two types of training, as each complements the other and can help you acheive gains that you coudn’t accomplish by specializing on only one type of exercise.
Proper weight training increases strength and endurance in your muscles, which will help you in your cardio workouts to go farther and faster, helping you increase your cardiovascular capacity. And, this raises your metabolic rate, which means you’ll burn more calories and burn fat faster.
And, if you’ve only been doing weight training, adding cardio to your workouts will improve how your body gets necessariy oxygen to your muscles – which will help you in your strength workouts to push longer and harder, improving your strength gains.
At Fitness 4 Home Superstore, we have both cardio and strength equipment perfect not only for your home gym, but equipment designed by the industry’s top manufacturers to help you maximize your fitness goals. Stop into any of our three Phoenix area stores and see our full selection of both cardio and strength training equipment!
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- How Doing Drop Sets Can Improve Your Muscle Gains - April 24, 2019
- Diet Tips – How Your Diet Affects Your Fitness - April 23, 2019
- Improve your health with 2 minute walks every hour - April 22, 2019