This recipe is a great way to enjoy pancakes, while replacing empty carbs with healthy fat, protein, and carbs from both quinoa and chia.
If you’ve never had quinoa – this is a great grain to add to your diet plan. Quinoa is not only very versatile, it packs a nutritious punch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Makes: 10-12, 4-5″ pancakes
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup almond milk or water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Dash salt
- (For pan) mist of avocado oil
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and blend using either a whisk or hand blender until all dry ingredients are mixed well. Next, heat your skillet over medium heat. Mist the skillet with avocado oil. When the pan is up to temperature, pour your batter into 4-5″ round pancakes. Cook each side for around 2 minutes or until each side is lightly brown.
Serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Healthy Recipe: Super Berry Protein Shake - August 16, 2019
- Product Spotlight – TRUE Performance 300 Treadmill - August 15, 2019
- No Hills Around – Treadmill Hill Training Works! - August 14, 2019