Looking for a quick breakfast recipe? Try a Tuna Egg Wrap! Here’s a great, quick and easy recipe for when you’ve just finished your morning workout, and still have to rush to get to work!
Tuna Egg Wrap
- 3/4 cup of egg substitutes (3 eggs worth)
- 1 oz. of Veggie Cheese (mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14 – ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 a can of tuna (1 serving/3.oz)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add the zucchini, artichoke and tomato. tirring occasionally and cook for 5 minutes to the point the vegetables are crisp-tender. Set aside. Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray, then add the eggs, allowing them to de-liquify on the top. Once the eggs have started to get solid on the bottom, fold about one third of it towards the center as if you were going to make a omlet. Place vegetable mixture and cheese on half the egg. Mix up the tuna and the cheese, and spread evenly over the center of the form, partially covering the folded inward piece of the egg, and the unfolded as well. Now, fold it again, folding the cooked part of the egg over the unfolded part. Serve with a fresh fruit or whole-wheat toast!
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Healthy Recipe: All-American Chili - December 13, 2019
- Pre-Owned Fitness Equipment: Your way into high-end fitness products - December 12, 2019
- Workout Tips – Ways to get the best out of your workout - December 11, 2019