It’s important to get a healthy mixture of carbs, fat, and especially protein into your diet. But, it’s not always easy to figure out an easy to prepare meal that also is also healthy. With fish tacos, you get a healthy dose of Omega-3’s, which protects your heart and can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body. Add some vegetables, which are high in vitamins and minerals. And by going grilled instead of fried, you can cut down on calories too! So, try this recipe for Blackened Tilapia Baja Fish Tacos!
Ingredients – Blackened Tilapia Baja Fish Tacos
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 large radish – thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of cilantro
- thinly sliced 4 lime wedges
Preparation for Fish Tacos
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a food processor or small blender, and process until smooth. Combine this jalapeño sauce and the sliced onion in a small bowl.
Next, combine the paprika, brown sugar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, cumin, and red pepper; sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat the canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Finally, put the tacos together by first warming the tortillas according to package directions. Next divide the fish, and the onion mixture evenly among the tortillas. Garnish the top of the tacos with some of the cabbage, a few cilantro leaves, and a few slices of sliced radish. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories 362, Protein 37g, Fat 13.6g, Carbohydrate 27.1g, Fiber 4.9g
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Healthy Recipe: Baked Eggs and Chicken with Spinach Breakfast Burritos - April 3, 2020
- How Treadmill Running Can Help Your Overall Training Program - April 2, 2020
- Food Myths That Can Hurt Your Diet - April 1, 2020