Making sure you get enough protein in your diet is important for both success in your workouts as well as an necessary ingredient to a healthy lifestyle. Protein is needed to build – and rebuild – muscle. Salmon is an ideal source of protein (not to mention heart-healthy omega-3 fats). Serve with steamed veggies and brown rice to complete the meal with healthy carbohydrates and energy-producing B vitamins. Protein-rich salmon, along with fiber from vegetables and brown rice, is a great way to not only build and rebuild, but also to help keep your hunger! Try this recipe for Protein-Packed Fish.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add fish. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove fish from bag, reserving the marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes). Place fish on grill rack or pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with marinade. Remove fish from grill; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information: Calories 270, Fat 10.6 g, Protein 31.1 g, Carbohydrate 11 g
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Why You Should Avoid Buying a Cheap Treadmill…and Invest In Quality - October 16, 2019
- The Best Way To Run On Your Treadmill - October 14, 2019
- Simple High-Protein Breakfast Ideas - October 11, 2019