Flax seed oil could be one of the most important health-promoting supplements next to multi-vitamins. Nearly every system in your body – cardiovascular, immune, circulatory, reproductive, nervous, and joint – can benefit from the natural properties of flax seed oil.
Flax seed oil is derived from the seeds a blue, flowering plant that grows in Western Canada. This natural oil, also known as Linseed oil, contains the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids which are required for the health of almost all of the body’s systems.
Flax seed oil contains omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, 50% more omega-3 oils than fish oil (without the fishy after-taste!), zinc, protein, fiber, B-vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium and more.
Research studies have shown that flax seed oil has many benefits including the following:
- Helps to increase weight loss in people afflicted with obesity
- Shortens the recovery time for fatigued muscles after a workout
- Assists in healing sprains and bruises more quickly
- Helps protect against high blood pressure, swelling and water retention
- Increases immune function
- Increases energy and stamina
- Increases metabolism, making it easier to burn fat
- Improve the absorption of calcium
- Strengthens bones and nails
- …and much, much more!
Flax seed can be taken in seed, oil or capsule form and can be found in the vitamin section at your local drug, grocery or department store! Add flax seed oil to your diet today and start improving your health!