A healthy lunch can be a tasty lunch as well!
Try our healthy lunch recipe of Grilled Fish Soft Tacos – enjoy great taste while also reaching your fitness and appearance goals!
White fish is a great source of protein – and healthy as well. Add the wonderful fats of avocado, a great variety of spices, and some jalepenos – and you have fish tacos that will keep you going during the day!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 limes, halved, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 4 portions swordfish, mahi-mahi, halibut, or tuna (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 8 lettuce leaves
Preheat grill to medium, and combine olive oil, juice of 3 limes, 4 garlic cloves, and 1 tsp cumin in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Then add fish to this marinade and let it soak up the flavors for 15 minutes at room temperature, turning once after about 7 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the remaining lime juice, garlic, and cumin with diced avocado, onion, jalapenos and cilantro. Place marinated fish on hot grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes, then turn and grill for approximately 5 more minutes, until opaque throughout.
Slice slightly cooled, cooked fish into thin strips. Grill tortillas on the grill for about 30 seconds on each side to slightly brown them. Place two tortillas on each plate. Put a lettuce leaf in each tortilla, fill with a portion of grilled, sliced fish, and top with tangy avocado salsa. Fold the tortillas over and serve. 4 servings.
Totals (1 serving): 468 calories, 21g fat, 37g carbs, 31g protein
Latest posts by Bob Lachniet (see all)
- Healthy Diet Plans – The Benefits of eating 1 Protein, 1 Carb and 1 Fat at Every Meal - November 25, 2022
- Happy Thanksgiving from Fitness 4 Home Superstore - November 24, 2022
- Tips for a Healthy Thanksgiving - November 23, 2022