Apollo OB-64 Olympic Hex Dead Lift Bar
The Apollo OB-64 Olympic Hex Dead Lift Bar is a specialty Olympic weightlifting bar designed to hold heavy loads while performing shrugs and deadlifts. Deadlifts using a traditional weightlifting bar or powerlifting bar can cause undue stress on the lower back should a lifter not properly align the bar relative to the body’s mechanics during the vertical travel of the weight lifted.
With the Apollo OB-64 Olympic Hex Dead Lift Bar, you step inside the weight load, rather than behind it. This allows you to keep the weight centered through your body’s midline during the deadlift, as well as safely away from your shins. Olympic Hex Dead Lift Bars are also perfect for other exercises such as the trap shrug. With a Dead Lift Bar, you can concentrate on heavy sets without putting pressure on the upper thigh and groin areas.
The Apollo OB-64 Olympic Hex Deadlift Bar features two sets of knurled handles spaced 6.5 inches apart high and low, giving you different grip placement options and load height positioning for multiple exercises performed. Access the low handles by simply turning over the hex trap bar and gripping from the underside.
- 64″ total length
- 14-gauge (0.08″) steel square tube frame construction (1.57″ x 1.57″)
- Black powder coated finish
- High and low handles with 6.5″ separation
- High handle length 11.25″
- Handle diameter 1.26 with knurling
- High handles spaced 23.75″ apart on center
- Low handles spaced 23.50″ apart on center
- Inside width 22.5″ front to back
- Olympic weight sleeves with 12.75″ loadable length
- Designed for use with Olympic plates with 2″ inch center hole
- Recommended max weight load: 500 lbs.
- Includes (2) Olympic Spring Collars