StairMaster Gauntlet 8G
Beginning with the first stepping machine in 1983, StairMaster® has been a legendary name in the gym. Today the tradition continues with the Gauntlet®. Building on 30 years of experience and proven performance, the Gauntlet provides a superior combination of cardio and strength training in our most comfortable design ever.
The machine features a deeper, wider step surface with durable, rust-free polypropylene construction and is now available with all three smart, affordable, flexible, OpenHub™ console options. Its combination of quality and innovation delivers a workout that’s head and shoulders above anything else in the gym. Stairclimbing with the Gauntlet provides a number of important benefits:
- Less Stress – Stairclimbing burns more calories at slower speeds and lower impact rates than almost any other activity on the planet. Each gentle step burns more calories than walking. In fact, stairclimbing at only 1 mph burns as many calories as running on a flat treadmill at 6 mph! Slower speeds, minimal impact and high calorie burn – what more could you ask for in a cardio activity?
- More Efficient – Because you must lift your body weight with each step, stairclimbing is highly metabolic and burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time, when compared to other equipment. You can turn 45 minutes into 30 minutes, 30 minutes into 20 minutes and 20 minutes into 10 minutes! Quicker workouts means less time for you and your clients to reach your goals, and more time to get other things done!
- Highly Functional – Stairclimbing is a natural movement – it improves your functional mobility, strengthens your core and makes everyday tasks easier to do. Take longer hikes, climb taller monuments on vacation, last longer on dog walks with your family. Stairclimbing is celebrated by athletes, trainers and physical therapists because it can not only improve your body, but it can also improve your life!
The Gauntlet is available with three OpenHub™ console options, including a 2-window LCD console, a 10” Touchscreen or a 15″ ATSC EMBEDD Touch Screen Console.
What is Open Hub? Developed with a wide range of expert partners like MyZone, EcoFit, Wahoo Fitness and MapMyRun, Open Hub consoles give cardio equipment users the ultimate in technology versatility! You can browse the web or stream music and video directly to the OpenHub™ consoles from your phone or tablet. You can also watch television on the optional, oversized 15” embedded touch console! And, personal fitness data tracking is available via Bluetooth connection. OpenHub™ consoles can push data to personal smart devices, connecting users with a world class data ecosystem.
The 2-window LCD console features an easy-to-read backlit display with familiar programs and Polar® compatible heart rate monitoring.
The optional OpenHub™ The 10″ touchscreen display adds a premium look and experience to the StairMaster line. If you’re looking for the premium look and feel of a touchscreen console, but don’t want to pay for embedded TV, media streaming and other add-on features, the 10″ is a great option.
The optional OpenHub™ The 15″ embedded touchscreen display adds a premium look and experience to the already-great StairMaster cardio line. With standard features like HDMI streaming, Bluetooth connectivity and TV tuner options, this is a display that has something for every user.
- Apple GymKit Connectivity: GymKit allows OpenHub LCD and 15” Consoles to connect directly with Apple Watch for real-time data sharing between the equipment and watch using NFC technology to allow a simple tap to pair connection.
- Displays: Choose between 10″, 15″ & LCD versions of the new OpenHub™ family of consoles
- Landmark Challenge Program: Includes the Landmark Challenge Program as well as standard console programs. The Landmark Challenge program allows users to climb well-known landmarks from around the world like the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty and the Taj Mahal. Standard console programs are also included